In this section, you can review and/or register for upcoming conferences, workshops, & seminars. This cover page contains a summary of these upcoming events, many of which will be held at BIU's Ramat Gan campus.
We are organizing 2 training sessions with Yellow Research on Monday, June 19th, 2017 at Bar Ilan University. Both sessions will give an overview of the program and tips for writing successful proposals.
Guest speaker: Lotte Jaspers from Yellow Research (Holland)
9:00 – 10:15 H2020 Innovative Training Networks
10:30 – 12:00 ERC funding opportunities
Location: Research Authority, Conference Room, room no. 102
What are the ERC Grants?
- Starting Grants – for top researchers with 2 to 7 years of experience after their PhD; Award maximum €2 million for 5 years
- Consolidator Grants - Support top researchers with 7 to 12 years of experience after their PhD; Award maximum €2.75 million for 5 years
- Advanced Grants - Open to excellent established researchers who have a recent research track-record which identifies them as leaders in their respective field of research; Award maximum €3.5 million for 5 years
What are Innovative Training Networks (ITNs)?
- ITNs bring together universities, research centers and companies from different countries worldwide to train a new generation of doctoral students. The funding boosts scientific excellence and business innovation, and enhances researchers’ career prospects through developing their skills in entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation.
If you're interested in a one-on-one meeting with Lotte on June 18th or 19th, please contact Estelle Waise and I'll schedule a meeting for you.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE VIDEO FROM THE INFO SESSION IS AVAILABLE HERE
We are pleased to welcome back Lotte Jaspers from Yellow Research for another ERC Training Session with helpful tips for writing successful proposals.
Date: Monday, 01 AUGUST, 2016
Registration: 08:30 – 9:00 am
ERC Session: 09:00 – 10:30 am
Location: BECK Auditorium
European Research Council (ERC) grants support individual researchers of any nationality and age who wish to pursue their frontier research. The ERC encourages in particular proposals that cross disciplinary boundaries, pioneering ideas that address new and emerging fields and applications that introduce unconventional, innovative approaches.
Lotte will be speaking about the 3 different types of ERC Grants:
• Starting Grants – for top researchers with 2 to 7 years of experience after their PhD; Award maximum €2 million for 5 years
• Consolidator Grants - Support top researchers with 7 to 12 years of experience after their PhD; Award maximum €2.75 million for 5 years
• Advanced Grants - Open to excellent established researchers who have a recent research track-record which identifies them as leaders in their respective field of research; Award maximum €3.5 million for 5 years
If you would like to participate in this event, please click here, and submit your reply no later than July 20, 2016.
For more information, contact Estelle Waise at email@example.com
Alma Consulting Group, a highly successful company that specializes in assisting Research Centres in identifying, setting-up, and managing European research projects, is coming to BIU on Monday, 19th October to talk about their services.
ALMA H2020 Info Session:
Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Venue: Beck Hall
There will an opportunity to schedule an individual meeting for after the session for those researchers with a concrete project idea.
Please can you confirm your participation by clicking here.
- >15 years of experience in this field
- 40 Consultants dedicated to proposal preparation and management
- Since 2007, Alma CG has submitted more than 300 project proposals (2007-2013), out of which 150 projects were selected for funding,with an average success rate of 50%.
- Expertise in all major scientific areas:
- Biotechnology, Food and Agriculture industry
- Nanotechnologies, Materials and industrial Processes
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Transport (train, automobile, sea) and aeronautics
- Energy, Environment, Sustainable development
- Security and Space
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Guest Speaker: Lorenzo Constantino, IDP European Consultants
The program will include:
- ERC Starting Grants
- ERC Consolidator Grants
- ERC Advanced Grants
- ERC Proof of Concept Grant
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships
- Innovative Training Networks (ITN)
- Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)
Lorenzo Constantino is an evaluator and technical expert of EU Programmes including Horizon2020, and has vast experience in developing calls for proposals, and training for European Union funding, financing and project management.
The Research Authority organized a session about collaborative BSF-NSF research focusing on a new Materials Science program on Tuesday 23 June 2015. In addition, the session featured a presentation about other joint programs in the social & neural sciences.
Guest Speaker: Prof. Zeev Rosenzweig.
Prof. Rosenzweig is formerly the director of the international program of the chemistry division of the NSF, & also currently BSF's representative in Washington, DC for BSF affairs. Prof. Rosenzweig described the new program, explained the differences between submission to the NSF and to the ISF or BSF, and pointed out possibly pitfalls in the NSF applications. Prof. Rosenzweig answered questions regarding both the BSF-NSF materials program, & BSF-NSF opportunities.