In essence, the Research Authority is all about YOU – the BIU researcher. The overarching goal of the Research Authority is to help YOU with administrative functions in order that YOU can focus on YOUR research and scholarship. We want YOU to achieve YOUR research objectives, while we relieve you of the administrative burden in developing proposals and in managing grant awards.
The Research Authority staff is a team of professionals dedicated to providing responsive and outstanding complete grant and research administration services. Our staff is composed of a Director with extensive scientific research and commercial experience, Project Managers, Information Specialists, an Editor, Attorneys, and CPAs. In these multidisciplinary capacities, we serve as your liaison with funding sponsors, collaborating institutions, and other Bar-Ilan campus units. With our vast expertise, we provide you with the following services:
- Identify funding sources.
- Conduct partner searches for your proposed project.
- Publish funding opportunities.
- Provide language & scientific editing.
- Develop a budget.
- Negotiate research contracts.
- Manage financial awards and scientific reporting.
- Help ensure compliance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Lead workshops in proposal development, submissions, and writing.
With our database controlled website, you are able to:
- View your research account, a calendar of proposal due dates, download application forms, guidelines, and other documents needed for proposal submission.
- Receive targeted e-mails of funding opportunities in which you provide your customized research keywords.
- Modify their publications, research terms, and personal data online.
All of these services enable you to obtain all "you need to know" about targeted research funding opportunities and proposal submissions from one centralized source, from any computer worldwide.
We make every effort to provide personal customer service, while we work to ensure appropriate administrative and financial compliance for research initiatives.
The Research Authority works in collaboration with the Office of the Vice President for Research. Prof. Arie Zaban, the Vice President for Research oversees the Research Authority. We implement policies and procedures that the VPR develops.