Our Vision: To help BIU continue to advance as a preeminent interdisciplinary research institution.
Our Mission: To provide you – the BIU faculty – with a full range of support services that will maximize your chances to secure grant funding.
Our Team: We are a team of professionals dedicated to providing highly responsive, effective support for all facets of research grant administration. We serve as a liaison for you with sponsoring agencies, collaborating institutions, and other campus units. We strive to provide high-level customer service to researchers while ensuring appropriate financial & scientific compliance for research initiatives.
Our Achievements: In the academic year 2015, 876 Bar-Ilan applications for research grants were submitted to various funding sponsors. This number represents a modest increase of 12 applications which were submitted in the academic year 2014. As stated, there was an impressive increase in the number of wins in 2015; this indicates a noticeable growth in the quality of proposals submitted, & also indicates the excellent research conducted at Bar-Ilan. In total, there was a 23% increase in research revenue in comparison to 2014. Likewise, overhead revenues increased 7%, & the VATAT Budgeting for Bar-Ilan research increased 6.4% in comparison to 2014.
In addition to contributing to these achievements, the Research Authority performs services for the benefit of the Bar-Ilan academic community. Bar-Ilan researchers can improve their success rate in winning grants from the following services – all provided by the Research Authority:
- Our in-house EU Desk which dedicates resources to securing & strengthening contacts with European funding sources
- Campus-wide seminars & training sessions for new researchers
- Expert external consultants who will guide researchers through the entire proposal development process
- Expert consultants who will assist researchers in forming research consortiums
- Publication of our Researcher's Handbook which contains updated information on proposal development, proposal submission, contact information, & financial incentives for winning grants
- Updated website which contains all the tools researchers need to find funding, conduct partner searches, develop proposals, build budgets, & manage grants
- Ongoing rigorous quality assurance measures such as internal audits and faculty surveys to improve customer service, receive feedback, & respond to researchers' needs & concerns.
Our position in BIU's organizational hierarchy: The RA is under the umbrella of the Office of the Vice President for Research, led by Prof. Arie Zaban. Dr. Eli Even oversees the Research Authority. An organizational chart outlines our position in BIU's overall administrative structure.